1. Unique nature
- A very clear mountain lake
At up to 450 meters deep, the lake is the deepest in Italy. It has an area of 146 square kilometers, making it the third largest lake in the country. The lake is fed from the mountains and underwater sources.
- Stunning views of the Alps
The lake is completely surrounded by mountains, the highest being Monte Legnone (2609 m).
- Abundance of vegetation
Due to the optimal combination of heat and humidity, the shores of Lake Como are a fertile ground for spruce and fir trees, palm trees, chestnut trees, olive, pomegranate, lemon and orange trees, evergreen laurels and myrtle, fig trees and vineyards, fragrant oleander and rhododendron.
2. Rest and travel all year round
- Numerous excursions to museums and attractions in the region with a rich history.
- The very finest Italian cuisine in a variety of world-class restaurants and taverns.
- All kinds of sports all year round
More than 10 kinds of water sports, including windsurfing and kite surfing; world-famous Alpine ski resorts; mountaineering, golfing, horseback riding, paragliding, hang gliding and aquaplaning.
- The famous Italian shopping for the most pretentious and refined taste.
3. Convenient location and easy access by transport
- Como is located in the heart of Europe.
- 5 countries are a couple of hours drive away.
- 1 hour drive from international airports in Milan and Lugano (Switzerland).
- 2 hours drive to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Wide choice of car rental agencies. Russian driving licence is acceptable.
- Multiple routes plied by comfortable buses and trains.
4. Safety, ecology, comfort
- All the conditions are there for a peaceful rest and vacation.
- Very clean mountain air and water, natural fresh products from local arable, animal and fishing farms.
- Highly developed infrastructure for a comfortable stay. Everything you need is available– from shops and laundries to libraries, schools and kindergartens.
5. Profitable real estate investments
- Steady growth in prices and limited site development
Real estate located on the shores of the lake can only rise in price. This is because such properties are of high demand among Europeans and Americans. Moreover, the laws of the Province of Como limit people from building around the lake.
- Low mortgage interest rates
The mortgage interest rate can be from 3.5% per annum at an initial payment of 50% rate. Thus, buying a real estate in Italy will be at a cost comparable to renting a cottage in Russia (about €1,000 per month, with the price of the apartments at €300,000)
- Preference to receiving residence permit
6. High prestige
- The beauty of these places and the unique mild climate have attracted the most sophisticated and demanding public since Roman times. Pliny the Younger and Virgil all had their homes here.
- Today, many famous celebrities and athletes, business and fashion elites have or have had homes on the shores of Lake Como, such as George Clooney, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Michael Schumacher, Ronaldinho, Madonna, Richard Branson, Donatella Versace and many top Russian businessmen.
7. Opportunity of obtaining a residence permit
Owning a real estate in Italy:
- Allows you to obtain a multiple-entry annual Schengen visa for all your family members with the right to stay up to 180 days a year,
- Strongly increases your chance of obtaining a residence permit.